As I publish the Hashimites of Kakori, containing among others the transliterated contents of Nafhatun Nasim, one of the most admirable reference works of my maternal grandfather, Al-Haaj Amir Ahmed Alavi (1879-1952), I feel truly blessed and thank ALLAH SWT for the honour.
In addition to the source publications [Nafhatun Nasim and Abbasiyan-i-Kakori], two other books,
were of immense help in preparation of this document. Mr. Muhammad Aqeel Alvi, who reproduced Nafhatun Nasim in Karachi, deserves an honorable mention. No doubt, he has stimulated general interest among Kakorians in an out of print relic by publishing its replica in 1998.
- Tazkira-i-Mashaheer-i-Kakori (1927), by Hazrat Shah Hafiz Muhammad Ali Haider Alavi QalanderRhmtA(1893-1947), and
- Sukhanwaran-i-Kakori (1978), by Hakim Nisar Ahmad Alavi(1926-1987)
To my dear cousins Mr. Iqbal Ali Alavi and Mr. Farhat Ali Abbasi, I am grateful for their unfailing encouragement and moral support ever since I began to edit the Hashimites of Kakori in December, 2003. My very sincere thanks are due to the following persons for their written submissions of relevant information:
- Mr. Tariq bin Ali Alavi, Karachi
- Mr. Iqbal Akhtar Alavi, Montreal
- Mr. Abdul Qadeer Alavi, Lucknow
- Mr. Abdul Basit Alavi, Karachi
- Mrs. Arifa Rahman Alavi, Delhi
- Mrs. Shamaila Kaiser Wasif, Karachi
Finally, I proudly acknowledge the editorial and technical assistance of my daughter, Kiran, my sons Shahrukh and Farrukh and my nephew Hafiz Asrar Ahmad Abbasi.
Dr. Misbahuddin Zafar Alavi
B Sc (Hons) M Sc (Karachi)
M S (Heidelberg), Sc D (Ulm)